Thursday, 24 March 2011

Deli Delishiousness

I have a confession to make - I love pasta salads. I know you do too, especially when they're this healthy! Had a bit of an obsession with spinach lately. I just love and it's so healthy too! Since it is the last day of report writing and I am almost done, I decided to treat myself with this deli delishiousness. It's just perfect, it has all in one bowl!


DELI DELISHIOUS PASTA SALAD

200g whole wheat Penne pasta
1 chicken breast
a few handfulls of baby leaf spinach
10 cherry tomatoes chopped in half (or sundried ones)
100g of feta cheese
2 tsp of pesto (you're a hero if you make your own)
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (a really tasty one!)
salt if needed
black pepper

The recipe is really simple. Boil the pasta, let it cool down. Fry the chicken breast in a frying pan with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Chop the cherry tomatoes, mix with the spinach, chopped feta and cooled down pasta. Mix the pesto with the extra virgin olive oil and drizzle over the top. Give it a good mix and enjoy! A perfect lunch or healthy dinner!

I have started practicing golf. What a mission! Not sure if I am the champion yet. Luckily my work for university is done and holiday starts tomorrow! Planning some whiskey-glazed salmon for the weekend, hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, I love pasta salad, too! Enjoyed your recipe and really enjoy your photos. I wanted to stop by, visit your blog and say thanks for adding me on FB. I too am a student foodie and hope to be all of my life! I write a blog on Relationships told through stories of Food and recipes. Sometimes Vice Versa. Please visit. Comment. Or Follow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete